Welcome to The Melalogic Black Skin Resource Center 👋🏾
Melalogic is an app for Black skin health. It:
- Gives black people a single source of skin health information
- Provides a list of over 90 U.S. Based Black Dermatologists
- Creates a database of black skin issues to fill the current void in AI and medicine for use by clinicians and researchers.
- Contributes to the black Skin Health AI Data Set
- Aims to allow users to submit a photo of any skin issue and receive instantaneous feedback as to what it could be and suggestions on how to treat it (this feature is forthcoming).
Melalogic was created by Avery Smith, a black software engineer, with contributions from Dr. Chesahna Kindred, a black dermatologist and Hillary Wilson, certified medical illustrator, to combat racial bias in AI and medicine.